Saturday, October 9, 2010

New York, New York!!!

Two months ago, I was in New York City with my dear friend Camille.
We went for the BlogHer conference that was held in Manhattan.
As you know from reading my blog, I am no devout blogger and really had no place with an entire hotel full of die-hard, devout, multi-weekly bloggers.
I did learn a lot and walked away wishing I had the motivation to blog more.
Our days were jam packed with blog related workshops, panels, food, and parties. You might ask why I went... well, my heart has a firm devotion and love to Broadway. As busy as we were, we found time to sneak out, stand in line, and buy tickets to at least one show.

After a very confusing confrontation with the ticket booth lady, Camille and I walked a block back to the hotel with our tickets in hand.

Our sneaking, waiting, and confrontationing, was well worth it because we got student rush tickets to Promises, Promises. This is a very new show and only few have seen it. We were privileged to not only see it, but see it in New York with it's original cast.
WHAT A STEAL!!!


Bazinga! That is not the real steal we walked away with... After the show, Camille and I waited along with hundreds of others to see Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes in person.


There, in the blue shirt is Sean Hayes himself.
and....

yes, this is her in the flesh!
She signed my Playbill and said "you're welcome" in response to my feeble "thank you".

This in an experience of a life time and it only cost me 30 bucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment