Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shuffle

We had a three day weekend this past week so Helga, and I drove down to Arizona.


On the drive to and fro Arizona, the song "This Year" by The Mountain Goats, came on my iphone's shuffle a couple of times. 
When I listened to the chorus, it felt oddly like it does every morning I wake up. 
It is almost as if I have to give myself  a little pep talk every day. And without noticing it, my pep talk was in the form of the chorus from this song. 
I am going to make it though this year if it kills me.
I am going to make it though this year if it kills me.
Weird, but fitting.
As I listened to it in the car, I put my own words in the verses which were quite entertaining 
(if you know me well enough you might be able to figure my lyrics out, if not then you will always have to wonder). Then, I just left the chorus as is.  
And yes, I will make it through this year if it kills me. . .  


Then, "Fast Lane" by Eminem and Royce made its way into the line up.
There really wasn't anything in this song that is applicable to my life.


But when I heard the chorus:
Livin’ life in the fast lane
Movin’ at the speed of life and I can’t slow down
Only got a gallon in the gas tank
But I’m almost at the finish line, so I can’t stop now
I don’t really know where I’m headed, just enjoyin’ the ride
Just gon’ roll ’til I drop and ride ’til I die
I’m livin’ life in the fast lane (Pedal to the metal)
I’m livin’ life in the fast lane (Pedal to the metal)
 I thought to myself, why isn't this the pep talk I have to give myself every morning? Can you imagine? Instead of bribing myself to get out of bed in the morning I'd be like:
"Man Chelsie, you are doing so many amazing things with your life, living every minute to its fullest, you deserve 5 more minutes of sleep. No more than that though because you have more incredibly amazing things to do today!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment