Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Live on Wisteria Lane

For my Media Effects class, we just studied Parasocial Interaction. For those of you who don't know what that is, I'll fill you in (heck, I'm not getting this masters for nothin!).

A parasocial interaction or relationship is when you develop a one-sided relationship between you and another person, often times a fictional character.
Within the parasocial relationship realm, there are 5 levels.

  1. A harmless identification with the character
  2. Sharing a perspective with the character
  3. Investment of time and resources into unreal relationship
  4. Being motivated by the goals of the character
  5. Loss of Identity 
These levels start out harmless but by number 5 you'd end up with someone like Chip from The Cable Guy. 


Well, I am here to tell you that I am falling in line with Chip. This past few months, I started watching Desperate Housewives from the first season. You may think less of me or be glad I'm on the band wagon but now I am hooked! 

There were quite a few episodes that when one of the characters opened their fridge, they all had a bottle of POM. It just looked so beautiful that I had to stop and buy some. I shouldn't have because I am now addicted and it's like four bucks a bottle!  

 I chose to go with POM Cranberry Juice. I love everything cranberry. 

It is WONDERFUL and it is 100% JUICE

It says right on it "Drink it Daily. Feel it Forever." 
They say to drink a glass a day to have the same effects of drinking a glass of wine.

So, cudos to Desperate Housewives. I now have a habit of drinking a four dollar a bottle juice everyday and won't be happy until I have a Maserati Convertible to drive. 

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment