Sunday, April 29, 2012

Do-u-think-he-saurus Rex

Ok, I know I should be answering number 5 but I have been giving this one a lot of thought, so I am skipping to 15.

15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

As I drove across the country, there were plenty of animals to see and observe. As we past some cows, grazing on a field in the sun, I said "what a life, wouldn't it be great to be a cow?!"

Dave, my driving partner, did not think that life as a cow would be that great... He also thought I was crazy for saying that. Even crazier when I explained that I have given a lot of thought to what animal I would be if I could be an animal (even before planning for this post!).

I served a mission for my church in Brazil for 18 months. Part of being on a mission in Sao Paulo, meant that you walked everywhere you needed to go. One day when I was walking down a street, I saw this dog through a fence and it was just sprawled on its back with its legs outspread, enjoying life.




When I saw that dog, I stopped dead in my tracks and just watched him. That dog was happy. Life was great. He knew that when he was hungry or thirsty, he could go to his bowl and get some food or water. He knew that if he wanted to play, he could make some noise or claw on the door and someone would play with him. He knew that chasing his tail would give him the exercise he needed for the day. And most of all, he knew that his family loved him unconditionally.

There was also a time when I had my window open a little as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep and when the sun started coming up, I heard the birds start chirping. You could possibly blame my thoughts on the lack of sleep, but I thought "wow, these birds are so happy to be up right now, I would love to be a bird!"

My bird of choice would be one from Cinderella.
I don't know why, but when I saw that dog I thought "I would love to have the life of a dog"  or heard those birds that I thought I would love to be one. Maybe, it is because animals don't have to make sense out of life. Having a religious background, I have a belief as to why we are here on Earth, where we were before, and where we are going to go. But all of those beliefs are so general and vague. I wish sometimes that I could know why I, personally, am here on the Earth. What am I supposed to do? Who am I supposed to become? How do I make a difference? These are things that wrack my brain on a daily and constant basis. But if I were that dog, I would know that all I needed to do was eat, sleep, be happy, then die.

So, if I were an animal, I would love it. In fact, I almost wish I could be an animal. Which one would I be? Well here is a list of some I don't want to be first:

  • Deer- they are just stupid and seem too uptight to be happy and carefree. 
  • Fish- Really, any water living creature, I don't want to be. I want to take in the world and the fresh air, not be underwater all day everyday. 
  • Insects- I don't want to be gross or hated...
  • Horse- I haven't had a lot of experience with horses, but I also have never seen one that looked happy. So, no. 
Top contenders for my vote:
  • Dog- So happy, even domesticated and living in confinement, they are always happy. 
  • Bird- So free to do what ever they want. 
  • Cow- Cows just seem so carefree and relaxed. Imagine just being out in a gorgeous field eating and not having to think about anything... oh what a life.  
  • Butterfly- Spend most of your life with the purpose to just eat, yes please! 
  • Brachiosaurus- First of all, who wouldn't want to be a dinosaur? Second, as a brachiosaurus, you would just lazily walk around all day, eat from the top of trees, take in the world, soak up the sun, and enjoy every minute of it. 
What do you call a blind dinosaur?
Do-you-think-he-saurus
What do you call a blind dinosaurs dog?
Do-you-think-he-saurus Rex

There you have it, more weird things about Chelsie. And believe me, this post could have been way longer, I really have given a lot of thought to being an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment